Currently I am working on the SmartWheeler robotic wheelchair. Its goal is to increase the autonomy and safety of individuals with severe mobility impairments. My main focus in the project is motion planning and autonomous navigation.
Some past projects:
- Terptube – a web application that aims to create an accessible online environment that supports mentoring between Deaf users and sign language interpreters.
- SignLinkStudio – Java and Flash based web authoring application that enables marginalized deaf communities who use non-text methods of communication, such as sign language, to enjoy a strong on-line presence of their culture and identity in their own language
- Canine Augmentation Technology (CAT) and Canine Assisted Robot Deployment (CARD) – projects focused on creating technology that facilitates the finding and rescue of live people trapped in collapsed buildings
My research interests are:
- Robotics, Response Robotics
- Autonomous Systems and Vehicles
- Machine Learning
- Human Computer Interaction
For my past research projects, see my CV.