Currently I am working in Autonomous Vehicle perception.
SmartWheeler Robotic Wheelchair
Canine Assisted Robot Deployment
Canine Augmentation Technology
Some past projects:
- SmartWheeler – a robotic wheelchair project whose goal is to increase the autonomy and safety of individuals with severe mobility impairments. My main focus in the project is motion planning and autonomous navigation.
- Terptube – a web application that aims to create an accessible online environment that supports mentoring between Deaf users and sign language interpreters.
- SignLinkStudio – Java and Flash based web authoring application that enables marginalized deaf communities who use non-text methods of communication, such as sign language, to enjoy a strong on-line presence of their culture and identity in their own language
- Canine Augmentation Technology (CAT) and Canine Assisted Robot Deployment (CARD) – projects focused on creating technology that facilitates the finding and rescue of live people trapped in collapsed buildings
My research interests are:
- Robotics, Response Robotics
- Autonomous Systems and Vehicles
- Machine Learning
- Human Computer Interaction
For my past research projects, see my CV.